Burley Area, ID
_What is Eminent Technical Solutions? _
The ETS Group of Companies is a growing Information Technology Provider that has built an excellent reputation with clients and employees. We have grown through hard work, looking out for our customers' needs, and providing an enriching, enjoyable working environment for our employees. We strive to do things right the first time, providing quality long-term solutions. Our client base has grown without advertising through referrals from our loyal customer base, and it is time for ETS to grow with the addition of an IT Consultant.
IT Consultant Job Description
IT Consultants are responsible for implementing technological solutions to solve client problems, implementing, and testing the technology, and working with teams to ensure solution efficacy. They are also responsible for managing installations and repairs for network systems under the supervision of a Network Engineer. Their duties include responding to maintenance requests regarding system defects and other issues, troubleshooting problems with network systems by running tests, and maintaining inventory for computer hardware, among other duties as needed or assigned. End-User support is an integral part of a successful IT Consultant's position.
_Examples of responsibilities include but are not limited to: _
• Understanding a client's business needs
• End-User Support
• Diagnosing IT system problems, inefficiencies, and weaknesses
• Implementing a technological solution to meet business needs
• Analyzing and determining security threats
• Providing advice on technology best practices
• Collaborating with client's team to ensure familiarity with technology
• Monitoring the success of IT solutions
• Installing computer networks, connections, and cabling
• Troubleshooting system failures and identifying roadblocks in the network
• Fixing problems in LAN infrastructure and testing and configuring software
• Maintaining and repairing hardware, including peripheral devices
• Evaluating network performance to improve the network
• Scheduling upgrades and maintenance without interrupting business workflow
Qualifications and skills
*A successful IT Consultant will embody the following skills: *
• Analytical mindset
• Good interpersonal skills
• Creative problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Ability to communicate with people with various levels of technical knowledge
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Proficiency in computers, software, and database systems
• The ability to troubleshoot specialized equipment
• Dexterity when handling manual repairs and tests
Experience and Certifications
ETS prides itself on hiring employees with diverse experiences and backgrounds. Applicants with some or all of the experience below are desired. This list of experience and certifications is not all-inclusive. All applicants with relevant "out-of-the-box" experience or credentials are encouraged to apply.
• Good working knowledge of end-user computing: Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, Office, etc.
• Microsoft Server Environments and System Administration: File Server, Office365/Exchange, and Active Directory
• End-User Support: Computer diagnosis and repair, Hardware/Software installation
• Virtualization products: VMware, Hyper-V
• Routers, Switches, Wireless, Networking (Layer 2/3), and other network components
• CompTIA Certifications (A +, Network + and Security +)
• Microsoft Certifications (MCP, MCSA, MCSE)
• Bachelor's or students in Computer Science or related field (Preferred)
• 1-3 years of technical and network experience (Preferred)
What does ETS offer? _
ETS provides a rewarding but demanding work environment through daily challenges and problem solving while supporting the technical infrastructure of our customers. Our team solves the technical issues our customers face so that technology is a valuable tool rather than an impediment.
Our team comprises talented IT Technicians, Engineers, Software Developers, Structured Cabling Engineers, Electricians, and administrative support staff. Each member of our team is met with a variety of challenges every day.
We genuinely care about our customers, and it is our goal to become a seamless part of their team. We do things our competitors are not willing or capable of doing to solve a problem or finish a job. We believe that we make the world better through the work we do.
Because we are reputable and trustworthy, we often find ourselves with more work than we can handle. We are looking to hire excellent individuals to meet our goal of a healthy work-life balance which is a cornerstone of ETS culture.
Robust Benefits and Professional Development Opportunities
At ETS, we believe in building a workforce with a positive work-life balance, opportunities for advancement, and professional development.
*Benefits include: *
• Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
• Humanized PTO
*Professional Development includes: *
• On the job training
• Certification and Educational Support
• Positive team environment
• Advancement opportunities
• Self-driven project development
_How do I apply? _
If you have carefully read the information above and feel that you are an ideal candidate, we would love to hear from you. Please send over your resume and a cover letter with the below additional information to email@example.com
• Name and contact information
• A paragraph explaining why you would be a good fit for the ETS team based upon the information you have read above