What is Eminent Technical Solutions?
The ETS Group of Companies is a growing Information Technology Provider that has built an excellent reputation with clients and employees. We have grown through hard work, looking out for our customers' needs, and providing an enriching, enjoyable working environment for our employees. We strive to do things right the first time, providing quality long-term solutions. Our client base has grown without advertising through referrals from our loyal customer base, and it is time for ETS to grow with the addition of a Senior IT Consultant (Network Engineer).
Senior IT Consultant Job Description
Senior IT Consultants are responsible for implementing technological solutions to solve client problems, implementing, and testing the technology, and working with teams to ensure solution efficacy. They are also responsible for network design, managing installations and repairs for network systems, and leading and educating junior staff members. Your primary duties will include datacenter maintenance, virtualization, systems administration, maintenance of computer networks, hardware, software, and other related systems, performing disaster recovery operations, protecting data, software, and hardware from attacks, and replacing faulty network hardware components when necessary. You will also be working closely with the users of our network to identify potential issues and fix existing problems. End-User support is an integral part of a successful Senior IT Consultant's position.
Examples of responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments, including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
• Datacenter maintenance, Virtualization, and Systems Administration
• Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
• Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning, and implementing network security measures.
• Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
• Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
• Maintaining, configuring, and monitoring virus protection software and email applications.
• Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
• Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
• Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems.
• Coordinating computer network access and use.
• Designing, configuring, and testing networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software.
Qualifications and skills
A successful Senior IT Consultant will embody the following skills:
• Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
• Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
• Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
• Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
• Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
• Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
• Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
• Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
• A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Dependable and flexible when necessary.
• Network security experience.
• LAN and WAN experience.
Experience and Certifications
ETS prides itself on hiring employees with diverse experiences and backgrounds. Applicants with some or all of the experience below are desired. This list of experience and certifications is not all-inclusive. All applicants with relevant "out-of-the-box" experience or credentials are encouraged to apply.
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field of study with a network engineering focus. (Preferred but not required).
• Microsoft Server Environments and System Administration: File Server, Office365/Exchange, and Active Directory
• End-User Support: Computer diagnosis and repair, Hardware/Software installation
• Virtualization products: VMware, Hyper-V
• Routers, Switches, Wireless, Networking (Layer 2/3), and other network components
• CompTIA Certifications (A +, Network + and Security +)
• Microsoft Certifications (MCP, MCSA, MCSE)
• 1-3 years of technical and network experience (Preferred)
*What does ETS offer? *
ETS provides a rewarding but demanding work environment through daily challenges and problem solving while supporting the technical infrastructure of our customers. Our team solves the technical issues our customers face so that technology is a valuable tool rather than an impediment.
Our team comprises talented IT Technicians, Engineers, Software Developers, Structured Cabling Engineers, Electricians, and administrative support staff. Each member of our team is met with a variety of challenges every day.
We genuinely care about our customers, and it is our goal to become a seamless part of their team. We do things our competitors are not willing or capable of doing to solve a problem or finish a job. We believe that we make the world better through the work we do.
Because we are reputable and trustworthy, we often find ourselves with more work than we can handle. We are looking to hire excellent individuals to meet our goal of a healthy work-life balance which is a cornerstone of ETS culture.
Robust Benefits and Professional Development Opportunities
At ETS, we believe in building a workforce with a positive work-life balance, opportunities for advancement, and professional development.
*Benefits include: *
• Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance
• Humanized PTO
*Professional Development includes: *
• On-the-job training
• Certification and Educational Support
• Positive team environment
• Advancement opportunities
• Self-driven project development
_How do I apply? _
If you have carefully read the information above and feel that you are an ideal candidate, we would love to hear from you. Please send over your resume and a cover letter with the below additional information to email@example.com
Name and contact information
A paragraph explaining why you would be a good fit for the ETS team based upon the information you have read above