Burley Area, ID
What is ETS?
The ETS Group of Companies is a growing Information Technology Provider that has built an excellent reputation with clients and employees. We have grown through hard work, looking out for our customers' needs, and providing an enriching, enjoyable working environment for our employees. We strive to do things right the first time, providing quality long-term solutions. Our offerings have grown to include high-quality broadband internet, and it is time for ETS to grow with the addition of a Telco Installation Technician.
Telco Installation Technician Job Description
ETS Telco installation technicians monitor and manage our services and are motivated to solve problems and resolve them quickly while minimizing downtime and keeping ETS Networks operational. We provide remote and on-site support and proactively inform and communicate activities and services related to customers’ benefits. They are also responsible for managing installations and repairs for consumer systems under the supervision of a team leader. Their duties include installing internet services, responding to maintenance requests regarding system defects and other issues, troubleshooting problems with network systems by running tests, and other duties as needed or assigned. End-User support is an integral part of a successful InstallationTechnician position.
Examples of responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Prepares for service installations by reviewing installation orders, gathering equipment, supplies, and
• Coordinates daily schedules with customers.
• Plans installations by evaluating location, locating access, laying-out equipment, and wiring plan.
• Establishes wireless broadband service by installing equipment, running, pulling CAT5/6 cable,
programming and calibrating equipment, adhering to codes, regulations, and standards.
• Verifies system functioning by testing equipment and connections, identifying and correcting
problems. Maintains records by documenting installation, service, and repairs.
• Maintains and improves service by listening to customers’ descriptions of problems, diagnosing,
troubleshooting, repairing, replacing, and upgrading components, referring to schematics, manuals,
and manufacturers’ instructions.
• Maintains customer rapport by resolving concerns and answering questions.
• Maintains a safe work environment by following safe practices.
• Keeps supplies ready by performing stock inventory, placing orders, verifying receipts.
• Exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Constructing and installing wireless antenna networks on towers and vertical assets.
• Have a valid driver’s license.
• Meet our criminal and MVR (driving record) background screening criteria.
• Be able to test negative on a pre-employment drug test.
• Be able to lift 70 lbs. and climb 40-foot ladders.
Qualifications and skills
A successful Installation Technician will embody the following skills:
• Analytical mindset
• Good interpersonal skills
• Creative problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Dexterity when handling manual repairs and tests
Experience and Certifications
ETS prides itself on hiring employees with diverse experiences and backgrounds. Applicants with some or all of the experience below are desired. This list of expertise and certifications is not all-inclusive. All applicants with relevant "out-of-the-box" experience or credentials are encouraged to apply.
• Be able to provide fantastic customer service. Generally, we look for 1-2 years of experience.
• Have experience in cable, satellite, electrical, telephone, or home security installation.
• 2+ years in a telecommunications/broadband field technical position.
• Knowledge of telecom architectures, bridges, local area networks, wide area networks, and IP
networks is highly desired.
• Basic working knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
• Working knowledge of running and terminating Cat5e / Cat6 / Fiber Cables.
What does ETS offer?
ETS provides a rewarding but demanding work environment through daily challenges and problem solving while supporting the technical infrastructure of our customers. Our team solves the technical issues our customers face so that technology is a valuable tool rather than an impediment.
Our team comprises talented Technicians, Engineers, Software Developers, Structured Cabling Engineers, Electricians, and administrative support staff. Each member of our team is met with various challenges every day.
We genuinely care about our customers, and it is our goal to become a seamless part of their team. We do things our competitors are not willing or capable of doing to solve a problem or finish a job. We believe that we make the world better through the work we do.
Because we are reputable and trustworthy, we often find ourselves with more work than we can handle. We are looking to hire excellent individuals to meet our goal of a healthy work-life balance, a cornerstone of ETS culture.
Robust Benefits and Professional Development Opportunities
At ETS, we believe in building a workforce with a positive work-life balance, opportunities for advancement, and professional development.
• Competitive Pay
• Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
• Humanized PTO
Professional Development includes:
• On the job training
• Certification and Educational Support
• Positive team environment
• Growth and Advancement opportunities
How do I apply?
If you have carefully read the information above and feel that you are an ideal candidate, we would love to hear from you. Please send over your resume and a cover letter with the below additional information to email@example.com or fill out the form and attachments at the bottom of this page.
• Name and contact information
• A paragraph explaining why you would be a good fit for the ETS team based upon the information
you have read above